The student will read with proper phrasing, intonation, and expression in connected text.
Book or passage
Choose text within students’ instructional-independent reading level range.
Tape player (Can use any audio recording device such as iPod app, FlipCams, etc.)
Student sheet (Activity Master F.030.SS1)
Students read and record passages on tape.
1. Place the tape player and cassette tape at the center. Provide each student with a copy
of the text and student sheet.
2. The student practices reading the lines of text aloud with proper phrasing, intonation,
3. Puts tape into the tape player, pushes record button, and reads the text.
4. Rewinds the tape and listens. Completes “first reading” section of student sheet.
5. Records second reading making improvements. Rewinds and listens to second reading.
Completes “second reading” section of student sheet.
6. May repeat a third time.
7. Teacher evaluation